Monday, June 27, 2011

Cabbage Salad

This recipe is always a big hit when I make it! I like to make it for potlucks or when there is company because the leftovers can get a little soggy and aren't as good.

Cabbage Salad
1 head cabbage (or buy bag of shredded cabbage)
2 to 3 green onions
3 to 4 chicken breasts, cooked and cut up
3 to 4 pkg Top Ramen noodles (chicken flavor)
1/2 cup almonds
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
1 cup oil
3 packets chicken flavoring (from Top Ramen)
3 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp vinegar

Shred cabbage; put in large bowl and add green onions and chicken. Toast crushed Ramen noodles, almonds and sesame seeds on cookie sheet for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Watch very closely; can burn very easily. Add to cabbage mixture. Mix oil, flavor packets, sugar, soy sauce, and vinegar. Pour over salad just before serving. Toss and serve.

People are always asking for this recipe when I make it. I'm telling you, it is delicious! You can use it as a side dish, but I have been known to eat it as my main meal as well.

1 comment: