Saturday, October 30, 2010

Cupcakes and more Cupcakes!

I have been going nuts with the cupcakes lately. I am determined to perfect the art of the cupcake. I have never been a big fan of box cake mixes so I have been trying to find different recipes that taste better than your average cupcake. I made these Candy Corn Cupcakes from Our Best Bites for Halloween.


I thought they tasted okay. Stephen and Kensley really liked them and I thought they turned out pretty cute. These Paula Deen Red Velvet cupcakes I made last week tasted way better. I substituted the 1/2 cup of vegetable oil for a stick of softened butter. The recipe also calls for one teaspoon of cocoa powder and that didn't seem quite sufficient so I added 3 heaping teaspoons of cocoa. They turned out amazing! Oh, I also cut the cream cheese frosting recipe in half after reading all the comments that it made way too much frosting and they were right. Half was plenty!

No comments:

Post a Comment